Sunday, March 26, 2017

Fairy Garden with Dollar Tree items

I have seen many pictures of fairy gardens but am terrified of breaking a terra cotta pot.
So, I thought, can an inexpensive plastic pot be cut with scissors?

Here is my first attempt!

I picked up the pot and live plants at Lowe's and the figurine and faux plants at Dollar Tree.

You will need
a 7' plastic planter
a 4.75" plastic planter (3 pack from Dollar Tree)
potting soil
rocks for drainage
live plants
faux plants
decorative figure

Cut an opening with kitchen or poultry shears

This planter has an attached saucer, but I still added rocks for drainage.




Add potting soil and the "shard" you cut out.
I wanted more height for the plant, so I cut one of the small planters in half, cut off the bottom and tucked that in. I added more soil and the live plants.



 





I used the other half to raise the height of the figurine. I just just off the top rim and pressed it into the soil.

A few faux plants and a figurine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.